UTmail is a branded G Suite service that provides eligible members of the University of Texas at Austin community with a University-affiliated @utexas.edu email address.
Use the Request button to sign up for UTmail or to manage your existing account.
Personal UTmail accounts (which are valid for life) are available to:
- Current/future/former students and alumni
Business UTmail accounts (which are valid only for the duration of employment) are available to:
- Current faculty and staff
Note: Business accounts are automatically converted to personal accounts upon retirement, unless a personal account already exists
UTmail is an optional service. However, students are still required to provide an email address for official university communication.
- Email account on the @utexas.edu domain.
- Twice the storage of normal Gmail accounts (30+ GB), with none of the ads.
- Choose your own account name.
- Easy-to-use browser interface.
- Convenient syncing with mobile devices via app or browser.
- Information Security Office (ISO) approved Google Drive Integration with Canvas using your UTmail account.
- Google Drive
UTmail is available at no cost.
Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
UT Service Desk staff may escalate requests as needed.
Technical support is available during normal business hours:
M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
UT Service Desk
Create a Ticket
Direct Email firstname.lastname@example.org