UT Online EID Upgrade Application Guidelines
The Online EID Upgrade application enables UT Austin students, faculty, staff, retirees, and sponsored affiliates to obtain their permanent EID upgrade completely online. If you have questions about whether you need an upgraded EID, please review the article "Upgrading a UT EID".
Please visit the visit the ID Center in-person if you need an EID upgrade and are unable to complete the online process.
If any of the following apply, you WILL NOT be able to complete an EID Upgrade online:
- Your EID is already permanently upgraded
- You are not eligible for an EID upgrade
- You do not have a valid government issued ID
How to use the Online EID Upgrade application
The ID Center highly recommends completing the Online EID Upgrade process in bright natural light with a mobile device. The following browsers are supported for mobile devices:
- Safari on iOS
- Chrome or Samsung Internet on Android
If you have any questions or run into issues, please contact the ID Center. The Online EID Upgrade application will walk you through the following steps:
- Click the "Upgrade My EID" button below.
- Log in with your EID and password.
- Approve multi-factor authentication request (DUO), if prompted.
- Click "Start the EID Upgrade Process".
- You will be transferred to Jumio's Netverify application.
- Click "Start" and have your ID ready.
- Select the Country that issued the ID you will present.
- Select the ID Type that you will present.
- This step will verify that the document is authentic and valid.
- Select "Take Photo", "Upload File", or "Prefer to use your mobile?"
- If you are on a computer and choose to continue the process on your mobile, scan the QR card on the screen to switch to your mobile device.
- If you upload an image, it must be recent, in color, and saved in the format JPG, JPEG or PNG.
- Depending on the ID Type chosen, take photos of the the ID as directed.
- Continue with the face verification process.
- This step includes a similarity and liveness check that your face matches the photo in the ID you presented.
- Once complete, the application will return a pass or fail along with any information on the reason for a failure
- You will be returned to the ID Verification Dashboard to await the results of whether you passed ID Verification step.
- If you fail this step you will be presented with reasons why and you may contact the ID Center for assistance.
- If you pass, you will be transferred to DocuSign to electronically sign the EID Upgrade Agreement.
- Your EID, First Name, Last Name, and affiliation will already be filled in to the DocuSign form.
- Check the box next to "I agree to use electronic records and signatures" and Click "Continue".
- If you decline or fail to sign, the entire process will fail and your EID will not be upgraded.
- Use the drop down fields for Country, State (only required if USA is selected), and ID Type to fill in the type of ID you presented during the verification step .
- Type in the ID Number of the ID you presented during the verification step.
- Click the yellow "Sign" button to electronically sign the DocuSign form.
- Click the yellow "Finish" button to complete the DocuSign form.
- You will be returned to the ID Verification Dashboard to await verification that the form was processed and your EID Upgraded.
- Once you receive a successful result, you may log out or close the browser session.
- If you would like a UT ID Card, you can now submit your photo online.
Before starting the Online EID Upgrade process, be sure you have your valid, non-expired, government issued ID available. The most common ID types include a U.S. state driver license or ID, U.S. or foreign passport, or a U.S. military ID card.