Error: Stale Request
When attempting to access a web-based application that is protected by Enterprise Authentication, you receive the following error message:
You may be seeing this page because you used the Back button while browsing a secure web site or application. Alternatively, you may have mistakenly bookmarked the web sign in form instead of the actual web site you wanted to bookmark or used a link created by somebody else who made the same mistake.
There are several reasons why you may receive this error:
- Browser (or browser plugin/extension) is configured to block cookies.
- Clicking the back button after signing on.
- Clicking on a broken (malformed) link.
- Clicking on a link in a Microsoft Office product. (See I receive "Error: Stale Request" when clicking on a link in a Microsoft product)
- Clicking on a bookmark erroneously pointing to the sign on page and not the intended target.
- Networking on your device changed while signing on (e.g., switching hot spots, using hotel Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Security or antivirus software is interfering in communications.
Try following these troubleshooting Steps:
- Attempt to navigate to your intended destination by manually entering the address in your browser's address bar.
- Log Out, close all of your browser windows, and try again.
- Ensure that your browser is not blocking cookies and try again.
- Follow your browser's documentation to clear the cache and cookies and try again.
- Try using a different browser.
If you require additional assistance, you may contact your local IT support or the UT Service Desk.
Do not use the comments box below to request technical support. Please contact the UT Service Desk for assistance.