Connecting to utexas Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi Network Certificate Change
- A new Wi-Fi network certificate will be deployed on March 30, 2022
- Users will be prompted to accept the new certificate on their device before they can access utexas
- More information can be found in KB0018284
Connect to utexas Wi-Fi Network
Current students, faculty, staff, and official visitors have access to the wireless network on campus (SSID: utexas).
Most modern operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS) are able to automatically detect the settings to connect to the network. Bring up the list of Wi-Fi networks on your device, select utexas, and log in using your UT EID when prompted.
If your device is unable to detect the settings, you may need to manually add the network. The configuration parameters are:
- SSID: utexas
- Encryption: WPA2-Enterprise
- EAP method: PEAP or TTLS
- EAP Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Certificate: Use system certificate
- Domain: utexas.edu
- Outer/Anonymous Identity: "anonymous"
- Identity: Your UT EID
- Password: Your UT EID Password
If you experience trouble connecting to utexas wireless or if a configuration is not available for your device, contact the UT Service Desk.
Applications that require publicly accessible IP addresses:
Due to the large number of devices on the wireless network, connected devices are not assigned publicly accessible IP addresses.