Connecting to utexas Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi Network Certificate Change
- A new Wi-Fi network certificate will be deployed on March 30, 2022
- Users will be prompted to accept the new certificate on their device before they can access utexas
- More information can be found in KB0018284
Connect to utexas Wi-Fi Network
Current students, faculty, staff, and official visitors have access to the wireless network on campus (SSID: utexas).
Most modern operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS) are able to automatically detect the settings to connect to the network. Bring up the list of Wi-Fi networks on your device, select utexas, and log in using your UT EID when prompted. If you encounter compatibility problems with utexas, try utexas-iot (KB0017215).
If your device is unable to detect the settings, you may need to manually add the network. The configuration parameters are:
- SSID: utexas
- Encryption: WPA2-Enterprise
- EAP method: PEAP or TTLS
- EAP Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Certificate: Use system certificate
- Domain: utexas.edu
- Outer/Anonymous Identity: "anonymous"
- Identity: Your UT EID
- Password: Your UT EID Password
If you experience trouble connecting to utexas wireless or if a configuration is not available for your device, contact the UT Service Desk.
Applications that require publicly accessible IP addresses:
Due to the large number of devices on the wireless network, connected devices are not assigned publicly accessible IP addresses.