UTmail: Getting Started
|Table of Contents|
What is UTmail?
UTmail is a branded G Suite service that provides eligible members of the University of Texas at Austin community with a University-affiliated @utexas.edu email address.
What Features Does UTmail Have?
For a full list of UTmail features, please visit: UTmail Features
How Do I Claim My UTmail Account?
To claim your UTmail account, follow the instructions below:
1. Navigate to the UTmail Portal: https://get.utmail.utexas.edu/
2. Select 'Create Account'.
3. Log in Using Your UT EID.
4. Enter your UT EID and Password. Select, 'Sign In'.
5. Authenticate using Duo Multi-Factor Authentication. Select an authentication method:
- Send Me a Push
- Call Me
- Enter a Passcode
6. After successfully authenticating, you will arrive at the account management portal.
- Enter your desired email address, then choose and confirm your UTmail password.
- Select 'Create Account'
7. Agree to send the above information to Google.
What is UTmail Two-Factor Authentication and How Do I Sign Up?
Unlike other UT services which use Duo for two-factor authentication, UTmail uses Google's own two-factor authentication system.
This works by obtaining codes through the Google Authenticator app, or responding to push notifications from the general Google app.
For assistance setting up Google two-factor authentication, please visit: Google Two-Factor Authentication
How Do I Use Outlook and Other Email with UTmail Two-Factor Authentication?
Microsoft has updated to allow you to set up your email account using the regular password experience, but with an additional step to confirm the access with a phone verification code.
For assistance setting up UTmail in MS Outlook on Mac OS or Windows, please visit: Add UTmail to My Outlook Client
How Do I Set Up UTmail On My Mobile Device?
Step-by-step instructions for configuring your mobile device to access your UTmail account can be found at: Use Google Workspace On Your Device
For a full list of UTmail frequently asked questions, please visit the following link: UTmail Frequently Asked Questions