Upgrading a UT EID
Why Upgrade Your EID?
Upgrading your UT EID allows you to conduct university business online and the ID Center has been authorized to perform EID upgrades. An upgraded UT EID means that your identity has been verified (such as with a driver's license or passport) and that you have signed a form giving your UT EID legal signature authority.
Many online services of The University of Texas at Austin are restricted and can only be accessed by those with upgraded UT EIDs. Decisions about which services require an upgraded UT EID are made by the owners of the individual services.
Is Your EID Already Upgraded?
To verify whether your EID is already upgraded, go to the EID Self Help Tools and select "Upgrade My UT EID".
How can I Upgrade my EID?
To be eligible to upgrade your EID, you must have a clear relationship with the university. Only students, faculty, staff, retirees, and university affiliates are eligible to receive an EID upgrade.
You WILL NEED an upgraded UT EID to:
- Register for K-12 credit-by-exam tests online
- View your grades online
- Access your tax forms online
- Update banking information online
- Make Payments on the What I Owe page
- Use Financial Aid to pay tuition or housing costs
- Order Official UT Transcripts online
You WILL NOT need an upgraded UT EID to:
- Register a device for Multi-Factor Authentication
- Register for classes
- Access Financial Aid Notification (FAN) to accept or decline an award
- Take Undergraduate College Credit and Placement Exams
- Order Official UT Transcripts by mail, fax, email, in person, or by proxy