Residence Hall Network (Resnet)
Resnet (Residence Hall Network) provides both wireless and wired internet service to the university's residence halls. A basic level of service is included in all housing contracts, and residents may upgrade to higher service tiers as needed.
- 802.11a/g/n/ac Wi-Fi network connectivity in rooms and common areas in the university residence halls
- Gigabit wired network connectivity in all rooms
- Portability of your Resnet data plan to anywhere on campus where the utexas Wi-Fi network is available
All users must abide by the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
Subscribers can purchase a higher data plan increase their data allocation for use on Resnet, as well as on the campus Wi-Fi network.
- Optional data plan upgrades to increase weekly data allocation
Tier 1 service is included in all housing contracts. Pricing for upgrading to a higher data plan is as follows:
|Tier 1||10 GB/wk||Included in room rate|
|Tier 2||50 GB/wk||$22.00 per semester|
|Tier 3||200 GB/wk||$50.00 per semester|
|Tier 4||1000 GB/wk||$60.00 per semester|
* The above rates are effective from August 1, 2016 through August 31, 2018.
Technical support is available during university business hours - typically M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm (excluding university holidays).
Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day. UT Service Desk staff may escalate requests as needed.
The Resnet service has an availability SLA of 99.9% for the core system.
Individual ports / rooms do not have a set SLA and are handled on an as-available basis during university business hours.
Maintenance and Incident Communications
ITS will follow established maintenance and change management processes for this service.
ITS will follow established incident communications processes for unplanned outages for this service.