Connecting to ResNet: University Apartments (BRK, COL, GAT)
Number of views : 39
Article Number : KB0018772
Published on : 2021-12-06
Last modified : 2021-12-06 19:57:19
Knowledge Base : IT Public Self Help
Follow the links below for instructions to register devices for the single wired gigabit Ethernet port provided in each unit:
- Connecting to ResNet: Network Router / Multiple Devices
- Connecting to ResNet: macOS
- Connecting to ResNet: Windows
- Connecting to ResNet: Using a Network Printer in a Residence
- Connecting to ResNet: Wireless
- Connecting to 'utguest' for family members
ResNet is installing Wi-Fi for BRK, COL, and GAT through January 2022. Residents are asked to deactivate Wi-Fi on any routers they may have installed when their apartment is converted to avoid interference. Wi-Fi devices will need to be configured for to utexas or utexas-iot.
Multi-occupancy apartments may utilize a switch on the single Ethernet port provided to share that port and enable each resident to register their device to their EID and not be liable for another resident’s activities. ResNet has tested this switch with its system. Note: Routers will not provide that separation, although residents may register their different individual routers on different ports of a switch to maintain that separation.
Important note for apartment occupants with children:
- The university does not restrict content on any networks.
- If you need content filtering for your family, you will need to provide it through software or hardware controls.
Thank You! Your feedback has been submitted.