This service provides three database environments to support the full application development life cycle. The included environments are Development, Quality Assurance (QA), and Production. This service includes database/system administration, database backups and recovery, and monitoring.
Please use the below forms for Oracle Databases:
General Oracle Database Request: Use this form to submit a general request for an existing database.
Create New Oracle Database: Use this form to request the creation of a new database.
Delete Existing Oracle Database: Use this form to request the deletion of an existing database.
- Up to 10 GB storage space included. Additional storage available for a fee.
- Daily backups with a 4 week retention.
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Ability to store Confidential Data
- Access to the ITS Database team for advice and troubleshooting
- Access to commercial Oracle support via the ITS Database team
- Fully Managed shared service
- Dedicated Fully managed database instances are available for a fee
In the Fully Managed shared central Oracle ITS infrastructure, ITS owns, manages, and supports the hardware and software resources in support of the centrally funded shared Oracle environment.
If you have a requirement to store Confidential Data or HIPAA data, there may be additional reviews imposed by the Information Security Office and University Compliance Services to make sure that all appropriate controls are in place.
ITS provides the Oracle shared database infrastructure with University staff and faculty as a centrally funded service. Dedicated databases and / or additional storage, as well as selected special circumstances, may incur additional costs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Availability: 99.785%
- Routine work request acknowledgment response time: 1 business day
- Review and response to pending open requests: 5 business days
This document summarizes some of the service level agreement items that are specific for Oracle Database Services. Please refer to the ITS Database SLA for full details.
Oracle is an enterprise level database solution. It is recommended when a robust database solution is required. The ITS Database team offers standards-based professionally managed database systems including hardware, software, and system administration to University of Texas Customers for Oracle Database Services. This service provides three database environments that include Development, Quality Assurance (QA), and Production. This service includes database/system administration, database backups and recovery, and monitoring.
Oracle can be used by faculty or staff.
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
Any user can call the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400. External users should send an email message to the UT Service Desk at email@example.com, which will create a support ticket. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day. Users with a departmental Technical Support Contact (TSC) should contact that individual. The UT Service Desk may escalate issues to Tier 2 staff.
Any user can call the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400. Internal users may send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a General Request on the ServiceNow Oracle service page for service requests that do not require immediate attention to reach Tier 2 support directly.
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as well as service availability and delivery issues using the Alerts and Outages page. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Scheduled maintenance: To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance windows.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the Alerts and Outages page page.
Change notification: ITS will notify customers using the Alerts and Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues for Oracle Database Services.
Daily Production Backups are made, with a 14 Day retention for Production and 7 days for Qual and Dev.
Customers (users) of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy. Please refer to the ITS Database SLA for full details. Please also see the Policies tab for this service.
Oracle subscribers agree to:
- Regularly check email for service announcements.
- Provide and maintain contact information for primary and secondary departmental TSCs along with other contact information as defined in the ITS Database SLA.
- Patch desktops as recommended by the vendor.
- Use supported client software.
- Provide critical information within four hours of receiving a request from ITS seeking to resolve a customer issue.
Departmental IT support staff agrees to:
- Maintain knowledge of the currently installed version of Oracle and its features.
- Regularly check email for service announcements.
- Provide and maintain contact information with ITS for support purposes as defined in the ITS Database SLA.
- Assign and provide ITS with contact information for a secondary TSC that will assume all responsibilities of the primary TSC when the primary TSC is unavailable.
- For purposes of resolving customer issues, be willing and available to provide critical information to ITS in a timely manner when requested.
- Provide Tier 1 support for the department.