Using Outlook Desktop and other clients with UTmail two-step verification enabled
Number of views : 36
Article Number : KB0017148
Published on : 2018-10-15
Last modified : 2019-06-25 20:19:19
Knowledge Base : IT Public Self Help
With two-step verification enabled, you will need to use a generated application password with Outlook desktop and other email clients or applications that do not support two-step verification.
- Generate an application password, select an application and device that makes sense for your purpose (Example: Mail > Windows Computer)
- Copy the application password
- Open Outlook and go to File > Account Settings and from then select Account Settings...
- In the Add Account window, select E-mail account, click next, and select "Manual Setup or additional server types. Click Pop or IMAP and click next
- In the Pop/IMAP settings window:
- Enter your name (this will appear in the "from" field of outgoing messages
- enter your UTmail address
- In Account Type select IMAP
- click More Settings
- In the Incoming mail server field, enter imap.googlemail.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter smtp.googlemail.com
- If not already filled, enter your UTmail address in the Username field
- In the password field paste the application password generated by Google
- Click More Settings...
- In the Internet E-mail settings window, under the Outgoing Server Tab
- Select my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Make sure use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected
- Under Advanced tab
- For the Incoming Server select SSL from the drop down and enter 993 in the field
- For the Outgoing Server select TLS from the drop down and enter 587 in the field
- Click OK
- Click Next after all settings have been configured and Outlook will test your settings, this may take a few moments
- Click Close and Finish
Thank You! Your feedback has been submitted.