Windows: Managing Your Email Address Auto-complete List
- Operating System: Windows
- Application: Outlook
Disabling auto-complete email addresses
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Mail.
- Under Send Messages, ensure the Suggest names while completing the To, Cc, and Bcc fields checkbox is not selected.
Removing an address from the list
You can remove addresses from your list so that they are not suggested by the auto-complete feature.
- Open a new message and begin typing the address.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted, press the Delete key.
Removing all saved addresses
Warning: This deletes ALL your addresses in Outlook.
- From the File menu, select Options.
- Click the Mail menu item and scroll down until you see the Send Messages heading.
- Click the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
For more information on Microsoft Outlook, visit Microsoft's website.