BACS After Hours Call Procedures
To report BACS trouble outside of normal business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday), assess the urgency of the situation and follow the protocol as detailed below.
Note: This information is also available as a PDF for easy printing and distribution.
After Hours Trouble Calls – Immediate Attention Required
Always call UTPD Dispatch at (512) 471-4441 on the following conditions:
- Unable to secure card reader doors on the following:
- Exterior doors
- Lab areas (computer or research)
- Medical/human resource areas
- Any areas secured and monitored 24/7
- Cannot arm intrusion detection system (Caddx keypad)
- Card readers are not functioning normally
- Report a trouble condition that requires critical or immediate attention (critical conditions needing immediate after hours calls would include significant risk of property loss, critical infrastructure outages, and/or compromised personal safety).
Calls that require a technician to report to campus to troubleshoot are normally resolved within 4 hours of the initial call. Some exceptions will apply.
After Hours Non-Critical Trouble Calls – Next Business Day Response
If customers would like to report non-critical trouble that will be resolved within the following 8 business hours, please call ITS Telecom Services trouble line at (512) 471-5711, option 1.
ITS Security Operations business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, staff do not work on shifts. After hours calls are taken by on-call staff and are for emergency response only.
Trouble viewing the documents available on this page? Download the Adobe PDF Reader.