The ID Center, located on the first floor of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC), provides proximity-enabled ID cards for students, faculty, staff, official visitors and university affiliates as required. The ID Center also upgrades UT EIDs for eligible individuals to allow full access to online services.
We are committed to educating and supporting our customers, and one another.
How Do I...
Front desk in the Flawn Academic Center (M - F / 8 AM - 6 PM)
512 - 475 - 9400 (M - F / 8 AM - 5 PM)
Visit our website for more information at bit.ly/utidcenter!
Sponsoring departments may request a UT ID card for university affiliates. The request must be included in the assignment in HRMS and the sponsor must agree to cover the costs of the card.
Request Requirements: Include a brief description for the purpose of the request, the name and EID (if available) of the person for whom the request is created, and the account number that should be used.
If you need assistance with creating a position with UT ID card privileges, please visit the HRMS Support web page.
- Proof of identity on Campus
- Building access
- UTprint eligible
- Make purchases on and off campus with Bevo Bucks
- Free Capitol Metro bus service
- EID Upgrades provide online access to credit-by-exam tests, grades, W-2s, payroll sites, and compliance training
- Students can manage financial aid
New Card Costs
- Students - $10 for INITIAL card and each additional card after that.
- Employees - $0 for INITIAL card. $10 for replacement of lost or damaged card.
- University Affiliates - $10 billed to the department via Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT).
- UTemps - $0 for INITIAL card; for subsequent assignments $10 billed to department via Inter Departmental Transfer (IDT). This card is optional and a request must be finalized in HRMS (Human Resources Management System).
Replacement Card Costs
There is a $10 charge for cards replaced for the following reasons:
- Lost or stolen card
- Any other reason not covered on this page