The Application Registry is a Web-based service that allows staff to record security-specific information about the applications they have developed or installed in their areas. The use of the Application Registry is required by the Minimum Security Standards for Application Development and Administration.
The Application Registry interface includes a wizard interface consisting of nine core questions plus context-sensitive follow-up questions that help staff identify:
- The data classification of the information used in the application
- Whether the data is secured appropriately, as defined in the Minimum Security Standards for Application Development and Administration.
- Full integration of the Minimum Standards for Application Development and Administration to drive data entry
- Web interface makes it easy to identify items that need to be improved
- Search function lets you find applications that have already been entered
- Portfolios manage access to data about applications contained in the registry
- Templates encourage efficient data entry and reuse
- EID protected to limit access to faculty and staff at UT Austin