The Electronic Inbox provides administrative users an overview of and point-of-access for all of their mainframe documents.
Most of the administrative functions of the university are facilitated by creating, routing, and approving documents through the *DEFINE ERP application. The Electronic Inbox provides administrative users an overview of and point-of-access for all of the documents for which s/he has responsibility. The Electronic Inbox application provides a list of all of the documents currently routed to a person, a list of the documents created by a user, and a list of the documents that a user is "watching" (via Notification or Informational copies). It also allows users to travel to those documents to perform their work.
- Users can view a list of all of the documents currently routed to a person
- Users can view a list of the documents created by a user,
- Users can view a list of the documents that a user is "watching" (via Notification or Informational copies).
- Users can travel to those documents to perform their work
- Users can add preferences affecting the display of documents
- Users can change Authorization Profiles (desk/view)
The Electronic Inbox is provided at no cost to users.
The Electronic Inbox can be used by faculty and staff.
Supported computing environment
The minimum recommended operating system and client software requirements are:
For questions concerning the Electronic Inbox, or questions concerning Inbox Preferences, contact the Office of Accounting Help Desk at askUS@austin.utexas.edu, or by telephone at 512-471-8802.
Users can also call the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400. Developers can send an email to email@example.com
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the Alerts and Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Scheduled maintenance occurs bi-weekly on Wednesdays between 5:00pm and 7:00pm as required. Maintenance may be scheduled at other days/times when required to coordinate with other developers. To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the Alerts and Outages page.
Change notification: ITS will notify customers using the Alerts and Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues for the Electronic Inbox
Application developers and owners who depend upon the the Electronic Inbox service will receive additional updates from the DEFINE Internals/Enterprise Workflow group via the DEFINE developers list (firstname.lastname@example.org) or TXEDGE (email@example.com).
Subscribers (users) of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
Electronic Inbox subscribers agree to:
- Periodically review and discard Information and Notification copies of electronic documents
- Provide testing and feedback for requested enhancements
In addition to the items listed above, departmental IT support staff agrees to:
- Notify the Office of Accounting Help Desk if experiencing any problems
- Contact the Office of Accounting Help Desk if training is required