Office 365 is a Microsoft hosted messaging solution that delivers the capabilities of Microsoft Exchange as a cloud-based service. This means your email services and data will be located in data centers owned and managed by Microsoft. By utilizing this service, it removes the University’s operational burden for an on-premises hosted email service.
Office 365 Outlook email is a Microsoft hosted messaging solution that delivers as a cloud-based service
- 50 GB mailboxes
- Mac and PC desktop clients
- Web access via Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Mobile app access
- Optional mobile access available through ActiveSync
- Integrated address book and shared calendar through Outlook
- Secure access, security audits, service continuity, intrusion monitoring and high availability
Office 365 is available at no cost to current University of Texas at Austin faculty and staff.