UT Directory-White Pages Service (WHIPS)
The University White Pages Directory (WHIPS) is a public directory service that contains the contact information of students, faculty, and staff. WHIPS is a repository of information consolidated for the public use of the community at large.
The White Pages Service (WPS) is a public directory service that contains the public contact information for students, faculty, and staff. WPS is a repository of information consolidated for the public use of the community at large. WPS serves as the back-end for the web-based Directory.
- Provides public data on university students, faculty, and staff in accordance with the Texas Public Records Act (TPRA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Updated/refreshed every thirty (30) minutes.
- Provides an LDAP-based interface to public directory information.
- Access limited to on-campus customers.
There is no charge to the user for this service.
The White Pages Service (WPS) is a public directory service that contains the contact information of students, faculty, and staff. WHIPS is a repository of information consolidated for the public use of the community at large.
WPS can be queried by any on-campus address to look up contact information of current students, faculty and staff.
Supported computing environment
Access to WPS is provided by a consolidated LDAPv3-based interface.
The web-based Directory application, while it uses WPS as a back-end, is separate and distinct from WPS.
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support is available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
Customers should start with Tier 1 technical support. Any user can submit a support request by emailing email@example.com. Users may also call the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400 for assistance.
The UT Service Desk may escalate issues to the WPS Administrators. Customers referred to the WPS Administrators will be contacted within one business day.
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the Alerts & Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
- Scheduled maintenance that is expected to be non-disruptive to customers occurs on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., though maintenance may not occur on every Wednesday. Installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during the scheduled maintenance window whenever possible. Maintenance events that will involve a service disruption will be scheduled outside regular business hours. ITS will communicate all scheduled maintenance based on its published change notification process.
- Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the Alerts & Outages page.
Change notification: ITS will notify customers using the Alerts & Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues for WPS.
Users of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.