UT QuickSites is a fully-managed web publishing service designed to allow non-technical users to quickly build university-branded, content-rich, public-facing websites.
UT QuickSites is a website service provided by ITS, intended to assist organizations with limited technical resources to build content-rich, public-facing web presences quickly.
Out of the box, it is mobile-responsive and meets accessibility requirements and University web policies. Hosting, domain provisioning, and maintenance are facilitated by ITS through the lifetime of the site. Please refer to the "Site Owner Responsibilities" section of the Service Level Objectives below before making your request.
For new site requests, click the "Request" button. For general inquiries or support requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UT-branded, responsive design
- "Page Builder" system featuring flexible content widgets, multiple page templates, and drag-and-drop layout editor
- Additional custom features including events and "team member" profile pages
- UT EID login support for content editors
- Site search using Google Custom Search Engine
- Site analytics using Google Tag Manager
- Security updates and new releases managed by ITS Web and Contract Services Team
This service requires a contract with ITS and utilizes a tiered pricing system based on estimated monthly site traffic.
Up to 10,000 page views/month
Up to 100,000 page views/month
Up to 500,000 page views/month
Fees are prorated for the current fiscal year, and are charged via an Internal Direct Transfer (IDT) transaction at the time the site is available for content entry. Sites will be automatically renewed into the same service plan at the beginning of each fiscal year unless ITS is otherwise notified.
The selected service plan will remain in effect until either:
- Site owner changes the plan or
- Pantheon determines that the website is exceeding the monthly pageview limit for the selected plan.
In the case that the service plan is changed to a higher-level service plan, there will be an additional IDT to recover the balance of the higher cost for the remainder of the fiscal year. No reimbursements will be made, and monthly charges will not be prorated.
- Content delivery availability: 99.9% according to Pantheon’s elite SLA
- Content editing availability: 98.9%
Please note that this SLA is dependent on other campus SLAs and is adjusted as those change.
This document defines the service level agreement for the UT QuickSites Web publishing service.
UT QuickSites is a website service provided by ITS, intended to assist organizations with limited technical resources to quickly build content-rich, public-facing Web presences.
External users for UT QuickSites are students, faculty, staff, parents, the press, and the public at large. External users are able to view publicly accessible content at all times.
Internal users for UT QuickSites are staff, faculty, and personnel from university colleges, schools, and departments who act as content owners or web publishers for the university.
Support for Internal Users
Internal users should send an email message to email@example.com for service requests that do not require immediate attention.
For website outages and other issues requiring immediate attention (less than 4 hours), internal users should send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up with a phone call to the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400 to ensure proper escalation of the ticket.
Support for External Users
External users should send an email message to the UT Service Desk at email@example.com, which will create a support ticket. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day within normal business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the Alerts and Outages page or internal-user distribution lists. Services may not be available during maintenance periods. ITS will notify external users using a maintenance notification on the ITS website.
Scheduled Maintenance: Scheduled maintenance may occur weekly on Mondays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Additional maintenance for specific needs may be scheduled outside the periodic maintenance windows. Scheduled maintenance is announced on the Alerts and Outages page.
To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the Alerts and Outages page and to internal users via internal-user distribution lists.
Change Notification: ITS will notify the university community of service availability and service delivery issues via the Alerts and Outages page.
All users agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
Internal users’ responsibilities include:
1. Build site content (text, images, etc.) using the Drupal administrative interface.
2. Ensure that no Confidential or Controlled data are stored on a UT QuickSites site. See the University Data Classification Standards for details - http://security.utexas.edu/policies/data_classification.
3. Assign and maintain an on-site departmental technical contact (liaison) for ITS. This contact is the person to which questions and issues will be raised about technical and functional requirements.
4. Communicate with UTNIC as needed to request Domain Name Service (DNS) changes for the website.
5. At least once per quarter, review authorized users for the site and de-authorize or remove accounts for users who no longer require access to the site.
6. Agree to comply with the following UT Austin standards and policies:
a. Data Classification Standards - http://security.utexas.edu/policies/data_classification
c. Web Accessibility Policy - http://www.utexas.edu/web-accessibility-policy
d. University Brand Guidelines - http://www.utexas.edu/brand-guidelines
e. University Records Management Policies and Procedures - https://financials.utexas.edu/hbp/part-20-records-management
• See also The University of Texas at Austin Records Retention Schedule, specifically:
▫ AALL041 - Website Publications
▫ AALL042 - Internal Website Records