Microsoft Azure offered through the UT System agreement. These services are intended for current faculty, staff, and researchers in need of cloud computing resources who want to pay only for what is used with the added safety of a University-negotiated contract.
With support for Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IBM, and SAP, Azure Virtual Machines gives you the flexibility of virtualization for a wide range of computing solutions—development and testing, running applications, and extending your datacenter.
- Pay only for what you use per quarter
- Approved for HIPAA/PHI data (with limited features and additional cost)
- Offered under a consolidated UT System contract
- Ability to use campus license agreement at Azure via Azure Hybrid Benefit
- Support included with campus's Premier support agreement
If you have a requirement to store Confidential Data or HIPAA data, there may be additional reviews imposed by the Information Security Office and University Compliance Services to make sure that all appropriate controls are in place.
Contract guarantees a minimum 10% discount off public rates for Azure purchases. See the Azure pricing calculator for the public rates at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/.
Routine Requests will be addressed within 2 Business Days.