Short Links Service
The Short Links Service lets you shorten lengthy URL's in the utexas.edu family of domains. The URLs generated by the Short Links service are easier to share in e-mails, through instant messaging (IM), and over the phone.
This service is only available for domains under utexas.edu (ex: pharmacy.utexas.edu, utexas.edu/about)
Use the following steps to create short links for utexas.edu domains:
- Click "Login" and enter your EID credentials
- Enter the domain to shorten and click "create"
- Create shorter versions of long URLs for example, http://www.utexas.edu/its/news/072008/iphone20.php becomes http://links.utexas.edu/dkswti.
- Track the usage of the short URLs you have created
- Download tracking statistics in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- Include an optional splash screen to display the true destination
The short links service is available at no cost to faculty, staff, and students.