TN3270 is a type of terminal emulation application that allows users to connect to the UT Austin Administrative Computer System (Mainframe). TN3270 browser-based access is now available via Virtel Web Access. For specific 3270 information, click on the "Faculty and Staff Only-Login link in the right-hand pane.
- Uses Enterprise Authentication and DUO
- Complies with MFA Strategy
- Allows users to gain access to terminal-style services provided through the UT administrative computer system (Mainframe)
- Provides departmental access to secure administrative functions
- Allows secure access from on and off campus networks
- Eliminates the need for VPN when connecting remotely
- Green Screen data rendered via HTML5 code
TN3270 is available at no cost.
If you have questions, please submit a ticket to ITS.