Using Green Output allows you to cut your paper printing costs by printing mainframe reports to .txt, .pdf, .xls, or .csv files instead of printing on paper. Reports can be sent to a special Green Output directory on Austin Disk, as well as to both personal and bulk mount Austin Disk accounts. Sending Green Output to bulk mount shares on Austin Disk means that anyone who has access to the bulk mount will have access to the output. Thus, groups of authorized users can easily access the mainframe reports that reside in a secure central location.
Print Mainframe reports to .txt, .pdf, .xls, or .csv files instead of printing on paper.
Before requesting Green Output, please use DPUSER to verify that your access to the service is not already "Active".
- Log on to the Mainframe
- Once you reach your default COM-PLETE screen, you will see your Mainframe USER ID listed at the top of the page just to the right of the word USER
- Open DPUSER
- Input UP in the Command line and your USER ID in the USER ID/Dept field and press Enter to access your profile
- View the "Default all output to Green Output" field. If you see a "W", you already have access, if not click the Request button
- If you do, go to Using Green output.
- Print mainframe reports to .txt, .pdf, .xls, or .csv files in secure Austin Disk directories.
- Access reports by an individual (special Green Output directory or personal Austin Disk account) or by a group (Austin Disk bulk mount account).
- Quickly search mainframe reports using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or Adobe Acrobat (depending on file type).
- Using Green Output can significantly reduce your paper usage. there is an average of 50,000 green output reports submitted per month.
- View/Retrieve documents via a web browser at https://webdav.austin.utexas.edu/eReports/youreid
- Mapped Network drive via https://webdav.austin.utexas.edu/eReports/your-eid
Green Output is available at no cost to individuals who need mainframe reports. In fact, using Green Output will reduce your paper printing costs.
Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
UT Service Desk staff may escalate requests as needed.
Technical support is available during normal business hours
UT Service Desk
Create a Ticket
Direct Email firstname.lastname@example.org