Adobe Connect - Web Conference
Web conferencing using Adobe Connect enables faculty and staff to create and share presentations and online training materials. Meeting organizers can create a meeting room, invite individuals to their meeting, then present both audio and video information to attendees. Organizers can share their screens, PowerPoint presentations, or other documents for collaborative or teaching purposes. Participants have access to notes, a chatroom, and a whiteboard to further enhance the collaborative experience.
Want to host a meeting? You'll need to register online first (faculty and staff only, UT EID required).
Want to attend a meeting? Just click on the link in the e-mail message that the meeting organizer sent to you. You should also test your connection before your meeting to make sure everything will run smoothly.
- The Adobe Connect Desktop Application is the preferred method for accessing an online meeting or recording for all Adobe Connect participants. Optionally, a Web browser and Adobe Flash Player can be used to view a meeting or recording
- Adobe Connect Desktop Application is required for screen sharing. offline recording, and file sharing using the Share Pod.
- Enables faculty to create virtual classrooms and record sessions for future viewing
- Provides faculty and staff with a way to collaborate with individuals from around the world
- Enables colleges to host interactive information sessions with prospective students
- Adobe Connect software includes support for the following languages: Brazilian, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
- Instead of traveling to a meeting, lecture, or presentation, you can attend a Web conference. You'll save between 0.6 and 1 pound of carbon emissions for each mile you would have traveled.
Adobe Connect Web Conferencing is made available at no direct cost to faculty and staff. Students may use Adobe Connect Web conferencing for classroom purposes with the sponsorship of a faculty member.
- Availability: 99%
- Routine work request acknowledgment response time: 1 business day
- Review and response to pending open requests : 5 business days
This document defines the service level agreement for Adobe Connect Web Conferencing.
Adobe Connect enables faculty and staff to create and share presentations and online training materials. Meeting organizers create a meeting room, invite individuals to their meeting, then present both audio and video information to attendees. Organizers can share their screens, PowerPoint presentations, or other documents for collaborative or teaching purposes. Participants have access to notes, a chat room, and a whiteboard to further enhance the collaborative experience.
Adobe Connect Web Conferencing can be used by current students, faculty, staff, and students (with departmental or faculty sponsorship).
Supported computing environment
Client system requirements:
1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13
Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in the browser.
Adobe Flash Player 23.0+
Cirix XenApp 7.5, 7.11
Horizon version 6.2
Apple iOS 8.1.2 or later
Google Android 4.4 or later
Mobile device users are encouraged to download the Adobe Connect Mobile app.
Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications.
Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts
Adobe Connect account management (i.e. Adobe Connect portal) by Meeting Hosts, Event or Webinar Managers, Virtual Classroom Managers, and Administrators requires Adobe Flash Player 13 or higher.
Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support are available during normal business hours. Routine requests are typically addressed within one business day.
End users should start with Tier 1 technical support. Any user can call the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400. Users with a departmental Technical Support Contact (TSC) should contact that individual.
Departmental support staff and the UT Service Desk may escalate issues to Tier 2.
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the Alerts and Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Scheduled maintenance may occur weekly on Sundays from midnight until 6 a.m. To the maximum extent possible, installation of service, application, and security updates will be performed during scheduled maintenance. For long scheduled outages (Adobe Connect upgrades, etc), scheduled maintenance may occur during a custom weekend window.
Unscheduled maintenance tasks that require service downtime will be announced as soon as possible on the Alerts and Outages page.
Change notification: ITS will notify customers using the Alerts and Outages page of service availability and service delivery issues for Web Conferencing.
Subscribers (users) of the service and identified owners/administrators agree to be aware of and adhere to the university's Acceptable Use Policy.
Web Conferencing subscribers agree to:
- Patch computing equipment (desktop, laptop, mobile device) as recommended by vendor.
- Use supported client software.
- Provide critical information to ITS in a timely manner when requested for purposes of resolving subscriber issues.
NOTE: It is recommended that web conferencing subscribers reference vendor's Using Adobe Connect 9 website when possible.
In addition to the items listed above, departmental IT support staff agree to:
- Designate at least one secondary TSC for each department
- Provide Tier 1 support for subscribers in the supported department