Software Distribution and Sales: TXShop
|Table of Contents|
TXShop is an online mall that allows customers from the University of Texas and around the state to purchase goods and services from UT Austin departments.
To find the ITS Software Distribution and Sales store:
1. Go to TXShop Central.
2. Select ITS Goods and Services, and then ITS Software Distribution and Sales.
Our store requires UT Electronic ID (UT EID) logon. All UT Austin students, faculty, and staff should already have an EID. Customers from other UT System schools or from other state agencies will need to create a Guest EID if they do not already have one. You can create one through UT EID Self-Service Tools.
The askUS TXShop team has announced plans to phase out the TXShop service over the next four years.
As the first step in the phase out plan, the askUS TXShop team is no longer accepting requests to create new TXShop storefronts, with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.
- This change does not affect any existing stores and the TXShop team will continue supporting existing customers at current service levels.
- The team will work with customers as they begin developing transition plans for their current storefronts and continue communicating with campus as the TXShop phase out plan progresses.
If you need information about eCommerce alternatives to TXShop or have questions about credit cards processing options, contact the Credit Card Compliance (CCC) team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the phase out of TXShop or about your TXShop account, please contact TXShop@austin.utexas.edu.
In order to ensure that software is sold only to eligible individuals, our TXShop store employs several techniques to restrict access to products based on the EID of the user who is currently logged in.
To avoid errors, please make sure you have carefully read the relevant product page and are familiar with the eligibility requirements.
Individuals for whom we cannot electronically verify eligibility — UT System students for example — additional proof of eligibility may be required.
Once you have selected the item you want, make sure to read the detailed item description carefully. This contains information about eligibility, prerequisites, license period, and other important details.
When purchasing software from SDS, keep the following in mind:
- Licenses available for purchase are leased licenses. This means that you must pay a fee each September to renew your license for the software.
Once you are sure that you have selected the right item:
1. Enter the quantity of the item that you would like to purchase.
2. Select ADD TO CART.
You can view the contents of your cart anytime by clicking the Checkout link in the upper right-hand corner of any TXShop page. You may also note that the number of items in your cart is listed above this link.
Before you can check out your cart, you must enter information about your educational institution, department or major, and institutional affiliation (student/faculty/staff). These fields must be completed before you can continue.
Once you have verified that you have added all necessary licenses to your cart, scroll down and click the button.
Once your account profile has been completed, you will be taken to a screen where you can specify the billing for this transaction. By default, these addresses will be populated with information from your account profile. Verify that the information is correct, and then select a payment method.
Note: UT Austin employees and UT System customers will be prompted for tax exemption status. While customers are no longer required to enter a Tax Exempt ID, UT System customers must now complete a short tax exemption questionnaire and may be required to submit a paper sales tax exemption form if one is not already on file at the University.
To complete your order, click the appropriate payment option.
For all orders paid for by Purchase Order (also known as "Prepay"), we must receive your actual PO before your order will be processed.
General Purchasing Help
For a full list of available software, please visit the TXShop link here: ITS Software Distribution and Sales
To purchase software through SDS website, please visit the TXShop link here: ITS Software Distribution and Sales
UT Austin customers paying with personal funds can pay by credit card. UT Austin customers paying with departmental funds (see sales tax note) can pay by InterDepartmental Transfer (IDT) or by departmental credit card (ProCard).
UT System customers paying with personal funds can pay by credit card. Customers paying with departmental funds (see sales tax note) can pay by departmental credit card (ProCard), Purchase Order (PO) or by institutional check. If you are paying by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (see sales tax note), please reference the following Automated Clearing House (ACH) number: CCS00001
Completing your purchase in TXShop is just the first step. All orders must be verified by SDS staff before your order can be processed. While the specific details for each order varies, the following steps should apply for most orders.
1. Upon completion of your order, a receipt/invoice page will be displayed. You should print this page for your records. If this page does NOT display do not place a second order until you have contacted SDS to see if the first one went through. You will receive an automated confirmation email with a link to this invoice and a link to the invoice will also be displayed in your MySDS transaction history.
Customers who are paying by purchase order should use this as an invoice to initiate payment through their Accounts Payable office. SDS will not generate any additional invoices.
2. Make sure you have provided SDS with all necessary documentation. Students MUST provide proof of enrollment, and customers purchasing by Purchase Order MUST fax or mail a hard copy of their PO. Failure to take either of these actions WILL result in your order being delayed.
3. Shortly after completing your purchase, you will receive an automated email with a note that your order has been received in our system and includes a link to view your invoice/receipt online. This is just an automated response, and does not mean that your order has been processed by SDS.
CUSTOMER COPY Thank you for placing your ITS Software Distribution and Sales order! Your order number is: 0CCSOFTDS2004xxxxxxxxx Order placed (mm/dd/yy): xx/xx/xx Order Amount: $ xx.xx
4. After SDS staff have had a chance to verify your order (processing time is 1-3 business days during non-peak times and typically within 3-5 business days during peak months), and assuming that everything is correct, you should receive a final email confirmation. If there are any problems with your order (e.g. no proof of enrollment, lacking PO, purchased a renewal for somebody else's license, etc.), your order will be delayed while we follow up with you by email.
5. Download Installation Files and License Files (as necessary)
- License fees do not include any shippable items. The installation files are provided as a download. The download information is sent by email to the licensee/purchaser (the email address as entered during the checkout process). The download is restricted to the EID used to place the order online in TXShop. If you have not received download information, please contact email@example.com. Please provide the order number.
6. If you have any questions about the status of your order, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that our order volume is very high each fall, and it may take us several days to get to your order.
All sales are final. Customers are responsible for verifying eligibility and system requirement before placing their orders. No refunds will be provided.
Sometimes, departments are placed in a "Catch-22" situation where they need an invoice in order to generate a PO, but cannot get an invoice until they have completed their purchase using their PO number. In such cases, your best option is to add items to your cart and print the cart contents page. This page lists a summary of all items in your cart and a dollar amount at the bottom. There is no way for us to create any other sort of invoice for you.
If you absolutely must complete the TXShop order before you can issue a check or PO, you should enter a "temporary" check or PO number in TXShop (e.g. CXXX or POXXX) and complete your order. If you choose this route, your check or PO absolutely must reference the TXShop order number.
Customers placing orders in TXShop are prompted during checkout to state whether or not they are tax exempt. If a customer indicates that they are not tax exempt, then sales tax will be charged.
Customers who are paying with departmental funds (i.e. state funds) are not subject to sales tax. Tax-exempt customers are required to complete a tax-exemption questionnaire during the checkout process, and may be required to submit a paper copy exemption certificate if one is not already on file at the University.
Many of the software licensing agreements in place between the University and software vendors have provisions that are specific to our students. Before we can sell products to students, we must be able to verify that they are currently enrolled in matriculating coursework. Student software orders will not be processed until we have verified enrollment status.
For additional information on student enrollment for software purchases, please visit our knowledge article here.
License fees for software purchased from SDS are current for a specified fiscal year (September 1 through August 31). License fees are never pro-rated and are charged at the same rate whether the purchase is made in September or June. Customers who purchase late in the fiscal year should take this into consideration before placing their orders.