Office 365: OneDrive
|Table of Contents|
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service that allows easy access to your files, from anywhere, on any device with 2TB of available storage space.
Take a look around using the OneDrive for Business Quick Start Guide!
|Availability||Current students, current/future faculty and staff|
|More Information on Office 365 @ UT||https://office365.utexas.edu/onedrive|
|Microsoft Help Center||https://support.office.com/en-us/onedrive|
How to Sign-In to OneDrive
Using the Office 365 Portal:
- Open https://office365.austin.utexas.edu
- Click Office 365 Portal
- Enter your EID and password and click Sign In
- Select OneDrive under the Apps section
Note: You can sign into your one drive various ways. As long as you are signed in with your UT Office 365 account, you will have access.
- Open https://www.onedrive.com
- Click on Sign in
- Enter your primary O365 email address and click on Next.
- On the next screen, authenticate with your EID credentials.
Separating Students and Employees
Be sure you log into your OneDrive and retrieve your data prior to license revocation!
- If you miss the deadline and are unable to retrieve your files, open a Service Now request to allow guest access to your data.
- Please provide EID and if possible, your One Drive path
- Your OneDrive and its data will be deleted 90 days post separation. See below:
What Happens When I Leave the University?
In accordance with section 4.1 of the Information Resources Use and Security Policy, when your affiliation of Current or Future Faculty/Staff changes to Former Faculty/Staff, you will no longer have access your One Drive data as your eligibility will have changed; however, you will be given a period of time (about 30 days) to request access to the mailbox and retrieve its contents. After that 30 day period, your One Drive is sent to a deletion hold for another 60 days. Unless protested, 90 days after separation, its contents will be permanently deleted.
When a user is no longer eligible for a mailbox a message is sent to the user’s Exchange account and official email address in TED.
Accessing OneDrive from a Supported Desktop App (Word, Powerpoint, Etc.)
Authenticating against O365 in any of the supported Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) will give you the ability to save or open files from OneDrive.
On a Mac, the option will appear as in the screenshot below:
On a PC, "OneDrive -The University of Texas at Austin" will appear in the left pane of the save window.