Office 365: Application Eligibility, Set Up, and Access
Office 365 is best known for the email service it provides, but there are several other powerful tools that are either available now or will become available soon.
- Exchange Online -- enterprise-class email, calendar and contacts with a 50 GB inbox.
- Office Pro Plus -- Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, available to all faculty, staff and students
- Skype for Business -- features instant messaging, online meetings (including video conferencing up to 6 concurrent users), and screen sharing all in one app that works with Office Online.
- SharePoint Online (available upon request) -- create team sites for easy document collaboration including permissions and versioning.
- OneDrive -- cloud based storage service that allows easy access to your files, from anywhere, on any device with 1024GB of available storage space.
- Yammer -- collaborative social space for you to communicate, connect, and share ideas with your colleagues and campus community.
- To-Do -- manage, prioritize, and complete importatnt tasks.
- Sway -- create and share presentations, personal stories, and reports.
- Office Online -- collaborative editing of Office documents in your web browser.
- MS Teams -- ‘persistent’ and searchable chat ideally suited for teams or projects (campus pilot for early adopters to begin January 2018)
- Stream -- create, discover, and share videos with your network
- Power BI* -- suite of business analytics tools with rich dashboards
- Microsoft Project Online* -- create, track and report on projects
*Access to advanced features will require separate annual licensing cost
What Am I Eligible For?
Office 2016 Education is available to current Students and Faculty of the university to install on personal devices free of charge using their @austin.utexas.edu or @utexas.edu address and password.
1. Visit https://office365.austin.utexas.edu/
2. Select Office 365 Portal to view applications available to you for download and use
3. Click Other Installs to view additional applications available to you
Need Help with other Office 365 applications?
Check out Microsoft training and support documentation links below for FAQs, training resources, and tutorials!