Scheduling or Publishing Reports in ServiceNow
Scheduling Reports enables fulfillers to automatically distribute a report at a given day/date and time on a regular basis via email. To schedule a report, submit a request to the ServiceNow team containing:
- The name(s) of the report(s) you'd like scheduled
- The email addresses or assignment groups you'd like the report distributed to
- The frequency you would like the report distributed (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Your preferred day/date and time for distribution
- Desired file format for report (CSV, XLS, landscape PDF/portrait PDF)
- Subject line for email containing report (if none is provided the report name will be used)
- Should this report be delivered at scheduled time even if there are no results Y/N?
- Is an introductory message required? If yes, provide message content
Once a report has been scheduled, it can be edited and the scheduled report will automatically reflect those updates. There is one exception: changing the name of the report. If you rename a scheduled report, please contact the ServiceNow team to reconnect the scheduled job to the renamed report.
Publishing Reports creates a link that will dynamically display the most current version of the report to anyone with the link. To publish a report, submit a request to the ServiceNow team with the name(s) of the report(s) you'd like published.
Please Note: Only report admins on the ServiceNow team can schedule and publish reports to prevent accidentally over-taxing the system at any given point during the day. All report scheduling and publishing requires contacting the ServiceNow team.