Creating a Sandbox Site
Before making a sandbox site you must have a developer account. Click below to access the developer account request form.
- Log in to your Pantheon dashboard using the single sign-on method with your eid.utexas.edu email - https://dashboard.pantheon.io
- Click the "Create Site" button on your user dashboard
- Supply a site name and click "Continue"
- NOTE: The site name will be used in the URL for your DEV, TEST, and LIVE environments (e.g. "My Awesome Site" becomes "https://dev-my-awesome-site.pantheonsite.io"). Once a sandbox site is promoted to a paid site plan, service stewards will add the domain to the LIVE environment
- NOTE: We recommend that you select a consistent prefix for your department/organization and prefix all of your site names accordingly (e.g., “laits,” “libraries”).
- Next, you will be given options to select an organizational distribution, site type, or site distribution on which to base your new site:
- Organizational Distributions: UT Drupal Kit and WordPress for Texas are the ITS-supported distributions which include UT-branded themes and the necessary modules to enable UTLogin SAML authentication
- Site Types: developers not wishing to use an organizational distribution can select Drupal 7, Drupal 8, or WordPress, with no customizations
NOTE: If you need EID authentication for content editors or university-approved branding, you should always use one of the Organizational Distributions.
NOTE: The decision of which distribution to use for your new site is FINAL. You cannot change the distribution for a site after the fact, but would have to create a new site from scratch.