How to decommission a site from the CMS Hosting Platform
PLEASE NOTE: Once a site dashboard has been deleted from Pantheon, ITS staff will not have access to any previous backups that were stored on Pantheon's servers. Please do not delete a site dashboard unless you have made and downloaded a backup, or are certain that you do not need the site content in the future.
In order to decommission/delete a sandbox site which has never been launched as a live site on Pantheon, perform the following steps:
- Make and download a final backup of the site's code, database, and files, if needed. See https://pantheon.io/docs/create-backups/ for more information.
- Delete the site using the Pantheon Site Dashboard. See https://pantheon.io/docs/delete-site/ for more information.
Existing agreements for live sites may be canceled with 30 days written notice. Partial month charges will not be prorated, and reimbursements must be negotiated with the Web & Consulting Services (WCS) Account Manager.
In order to cancel/decommission a site that has been launched as a live site on Pantheon, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of Pantheon site dashboard
- Effective date for site decommissioning
ITS staff will be responsible for the following steps:
- Deleting the paid hosting plan
- Removing the live domain
- Removing the site's SSL certificate
- Disabling EID authentication, if applicable
Once these steps are complete, the site will be left in a sandbox status. Please follow the steps listed above under "Sandbox Sites" if you wish to completely delete the site instance.