How to transfer an existing Pantheon site to the UT Austin organization
If a Drupal or WordPress site has already been developed on Pantheon using a personal developer account, that site can be transferred to the UT Austin organization in order to take advantage of the University's discount and centralized billing.
When you are ready to transfer an existing Pantheon site to the UT Austin organization, you must complete the following steps:
- If the site is still a sandbox, review the service plan options on the CMS Hosting Platform business offering description and select which service plan best fits your site's needs.
- Determine whether you will need maintenance and support for this site from the ITS Applications Web & Consulting Services (WCS) team. Depending on the extent of customization present, WCS can provide full-service support for your site, including routine Drupal or WordPress core maintenance, updating of plugins/modules that have been added to your site, and custom feature development.
- If the site is still a sandbox, determine what the "live" domain for your site will be (e.g. "https://example.utexas.edu"). If this domain has not already been submitted to UTNIC for approval, follow the procedure for requesting a new domain.
- Determine what financial account number will be used to pay for the hosting and maintenance/support agreement (if selected).
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Pantheon site dashboard
- Requested service plan (Personal, Professional, Business, Elite)
- Whether maintenance and support from WCS should be included
- Live domain
- Financial account number, account name, and name of authorized signer
A member of the WCS team will respond within 24 hours to confirm your request and follow-up with any additional needed information.
Turnaround time for transferring sites to the UT Austin organization is typically 7-10 business days.