VoIP: Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
The BLF feature allows the end customer to monitor when another user’s phone number is in use. This requires a secondary key on the phone for the phone number that the end customer needs to monitor. This feature does not provide the ability to pick up calls coming on the BLF key. The BLF acts as a speed dial when the key for that number is pressed on the phone set.
- This is a Business Service feature
- If you are a Basic Service customer, you will need to submit a request to the ITS Business Office
- Can't be used for to monitor an Analog Service telephone number
- Can't be configured to monitor a telephone number that is registered on the same telephone set
- Can't be configured if telephone number is shared by more than one telephone set