FAQ: Why is 'daisy chaining' or connecting my computer through my phone not recommended?
There are a number of technical issues that can arise that may result in impact to the user of the phone or computer including:
- Performance of the computer can be impacted
- Security issues with a computer could also result in the telephone disabled on the network
- Troubleshooting and debugging problems with your computer can be more complicated and take additional time to resolve
- Rebooting the phone will cause the computer to lose network connectivity until the phone comes back up
- Could interfere with network authentication mechanisms
The PC port will be turned off on the new VVX phone models to prevent both ports from being connected to the network. Notify your telephone support contact if the port needs to be turned on for daisy chaining, which must be approved by ITS Networking.