Rejecting Calls from a Specific Phone Number
If you are receiving nuisance calls from a particular phone number that is not of a threatening or harassing nature (see Malicious Call Trace), you can configure your telephone to automatically reject calls from that number.
- After receiving a call from the number, select it in your Received Calls list (down arrow on the IP321/335 or left arrow on the IP550/670 to access).
- Save it to your telephone's directory by clicking the Save soft key. Press the Menu button twice to exit out of the call list.
- Select this record in your telephone's directory. (Access the directory via the DIR soft key on the IP321/335 or the Directories button on the IP550/670.)
- Click the Edit soft key.
- Scroll down to the First Name and edit out using the double left arrows on the IP321/335 or the X button on the IP550/670.
- Scroll down to the Last Name and edit out using the double left arrows on the IP321/335 or the X button on the IP550/670.
- Scroll down to the Auto Reject attribute (on the IP321/335 you will need to select it using the check mark button). Toggle up/down to change it to Enabled using the right arrow key.
- Save the change (click the OK soft key, left arrow and Yes soft keys on the IP321/335 or click the Save soft key on the IP550/670).
- Callers from the auto rejected number will hear "We are sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try your call later."
- Your telephone set will register a missed call from that number but it will not ring and the caller will not be forwarded to your voice mail.
Auto Reject can be configured on the telephone by customers regardless of whether they have Basic or Business class service. Business class customers can submit a ticket (https://utdirect.utexas.edu/tn/tr/index.WBX) to have this configured on the central telephone switch for them.