Number of views : 5
Article Number : KB0014213
Published on : 2019-06-13
Last modified : 2020-05-06 21:51:29
Knowledge Base : ServiceNow - Public Self Help
ServiceNow Metatag Guidelines
Limit to 8 metatags per article or service catalog entry when possible.
Separate metatags with commas.
When to use metatags:
- Service names
- Synonyms or Acronyms that do not appear in article text
- Terms with multiple common spellings (i.e. wifi vs. wi-fi or email vs e-mail)
- Specific events (i.e. Moov-in)
- Topics that cross over services or categories (i.e. iOS)
- Operating system-specific content
- Device-specific content
Metatags are NOT:
- Necessary for words or phrases that already appear in the Text section of a knowledge article
- Case sensitive
Thank You! Your feedback has been submitted.