Connecting to ResNet: Other
The following instructions will allow you to connect your device for wired access on the general networks if it is not a standard Windows or Mac machine (ie. Linux computers, TVs, gaming console).
If your device has a web browser:
- Disable Wi-Fi temporarily on your device to ensure you are configuring the wired connection.
- Plug your device into an Ethernet port using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on the computer and type “http://register.network.utexas.edu” in the address bar and hit Enter. You will be automatically redirected to the UTLogin page. Note: your browser may display a security warning or a certificate error as the result of web redirect, please ignore the warning and proceed to the redirected site (http://register.network.utexas.edu).
- Follow instructions to register your device.
- You may need to re-enable Wi-Fi on your device if you plan to disconnect from wired.
If your device does not have a web browser:
- Use your cell phone or a device with cellular or Wi-Fi access, go to http://network.utexas.edu
- Log in using your UT EID and UT EID Password.
- Click "Register Wired Device" and follow instructions to register your device.