Registering Multiple Devices for Wired Internet Access on the General Networks
- Connect your personal router’s WAN port to the Ethernet port in room.
- Connect a Mac or Windows computer to any LAN port on the router.
Note: Any device with a web browser can be used and only needs to be connected for setup.
- Open a web browser on the connected computer and proceed to “utexas.edu”. Your browser will redirect you to the “802.1X Configuration” page.
- Click on “Register a Router” and enter your EID & password
- Verify the personal information on the next page, accept the ULA and click “Register”.
You are now connected to the wired network and have internet access via the LAN ports on your router
Note: Any wireless network feature offered by your router must be disabled as it interferes with the operation of the utexas network.
Note: You may only register one device per ResNet port. If multiple registrations are detected, all of your registrations could be deleted.
To cancel a device's registration, call the UT Service Desk at 512-475-9400 or email at email@example.com.