Quick Tips For Searching Help Articles and Creating Help Tickets
Quick Tips for searching help articles and creating help tickets in ServiceNow.
Visit the UT ServiceNow Self Service site: https://ut.service-now.com/sp
Search for self-help articles to get answers to your questions
- Use the Search box in the center to find self help knowledge and catalog request forms
- Use the * character as a wildcard before your search term to help find results that contain the term (i.e. “*email”)
- Use AND, OR and NOT between search terms to focus results; enclose specific phrases in quotes
Tips for creating help tickets
- Create a help ticket by clicking Create Ticket to open form
- See Self-help results appear at the bottom of the form based on words entered in Short Description
- Hover over the icon to open a popup window. Hold shift & click in popup to freeze window open.
- Add an attachment to a ticket by dragging & dropping onto the form
- If help did not solve your issue, complete your ticket form and click Submit
- Click Home to see your ticket in My Tickets