Registering a Windows PC for Wired Internet Access on the General Networks
1. Use an Ethernet cable to plug your Windows PC into the Ethernet port in your room.
Note: Temporarily disabling Wi-Fi is required to continue.
- Open a web browser and go to “utexas.edu” into the address bar, and hit Enter. Your browser will redirect you to the “802.1X Configuration” page.
- Click “Windows Install”. Accept the terms and conditions on the next page and click “Start”.
- Download the installer file (NetworkWizardLoader.exe) to your computer and when prompted by your browser click “Run” to begin the installation.
- Cloudpath will launch and begin configuration. When prompted, enter your UT EID and EID Password into Cloudpath. Click “Continue”.
- Windows may ask if you want to allow “Windows Command Processor” to make changes to your computer. Click “Yes”.
- You are now connected to the wired network and have internet access.
Note: You can re-enable wi-fi once registration is complete.