Connecting to ResNet: Windows
Number of views : 4
Article Number : KB0014145
Published on : 2018-08-01
Last modified : 2018-08-22 18:06:16
Knowledge Base : IT Public Self Help
Step 1 - Register your device (required):
- Disable Wi-Fi temporarily on your device to ensure you are configuring the wired connection.
- Plug your device into an Ethernet port using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type “abc.com” in the address bar and hit Enter. You will be automatically redirected to the UTLogin page. Note: your browser may display a security warning or a certificate error as the result of web redirect, please ignore the warning and proceed to the redirected site (network.utexas.edu).
- Follow instructions to register your device.
- You may need to re-enable Wi-Fi on your device if you plan to disconnect from wired.
Step 2 - Secure your connection (optional):
- If your device runs Windows 10, visit https://cloudpath.gw.utexas.edu to download a configuration utility that will enable 802.1X capabilities on your device.
Thank You! Your feedback has been submitted.