Importing Email From Another Account to UTmail
These instructions will guide you through the process of importing your inbox from another email account into your UTmail (@utexas.edu) account.
Note: Please be aware that Google will store the user name and password of the email account from which you are migrating. The user name and password will remain saved until you decide to stop receiving mail from the other account. For assistance with this, please see How do I disable Mail Fetcher?.
To import your inbox from another email account to UTmail:
- Create a UTmail account if you haven't already.
Note: Make sure you log in through an actual computer. Mobile browsers will not allow you to access the necessary settings to complete this procedure.
Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the UTmail screen.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Check mail using POP3: Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Enter the email address of the account you want to import. In this case, it should beusername@other-email-address, then click Next Step.
- Enter the password for your other email address, then click Add Account.
- At the "Your mail account has been added" confirmation screen, select No (you can change this later), and click Next Step to finish.
Your UTmail account will now import new mail sent to your other account as well as download your existing mail. It can take several hours — or even days — to download all your email from your inbox. However, you can log out of UTmail and the messages will continue to import.
Note: Only mail currently stored in the inbox will be imported to UTmail.