Getting Started with UTBox
New accounts are automatically created for eligible users (current students, faculty, and staff) at the first login. First-time users should:
- Navigate to https://utexas.box.com.
- Click Continue.
- Sign in with your UT EID credentials. If eligible, your account will be automatically provisioned.
- Review: Getting Started to learn how to perform basic tasks (e.g. create folders and upload files)
Create an External Password
Some UTBox third party applications require you sign in with and external password and now your UT EID.
- Log into your UTBox account, and click the gear icon on the upper right.
- From the drop-down menu, click Account Settings.
- Near the bottom, you'll see an option to Create External Password.
- Enter a secure, standard user password such that the strength bar registers Strong.
- Click Save.
Please contact the UT Service Desk for assistance if you have any questions.