Logging On and Subscribing to UT Lists
If you have not used the UT Lists mailing list system before or are re-registering with a new email address, you need to log on with an email address and have the server send you a mailing list password. (You can change this password later.)
To log on for the first time or are re-register with a new email address:
Go to the UT Lists home page, hover over Login then select First Login? from the menu that appears.
Enter your email address, then click Request first password.
Note: Individuals who want to create or own a mailing list must use an email address that ends in .utexas.edu.
A new screen will appear in your browser window confirming that a password has been sent to your email.
Check your email. You should find an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to reset your password.
Click the link and on the new screen that appears, enter your New password and confirm your New password again.
Note: UT Lists does NOT use the UT EID for logon identification. This allows:
Individuals who do not have a UT EID to use the mailing lists.
People with multiple email addresses to select the best list for their mailing list activities.
If you have used UT Lists before:
Go to the UT Lists home page, hover over Login and enter your registered email address and mailing list password.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, select the Lost Password link, enter your email address, and the mailing list server will send you an email with instructions on how to renew your password.
Subscribing to a mailing list
- Visit https://utlists.utexas.edu
- Log in (Note: Your UT Lists email username may or may not be your UT email address - it is whatever email address you enter when creating a UT Lists account)
- Hover over the Search for list(s) tab at the top of your homepage and use one of the following options:
- Search Form
- On the new screen, enter a list name and select Search lists.
- Index of Lists
- On the new screen, select the first letter of the list name and scroll to find list.
- Browse ist by categories
- On the new screen, select the category of lists to view then select the first letter of the list name and scroll to find list.
- Search Form
- Select the name of the list you want to subscribe to
- Click the Subscribe link
- If you've already logged in to the UT Lists service, then enter your Name and select I subscribe to list "list name".
- If you have not logged in to the UT Lists service, then enter Your e-mail address and Name and select I subscribe to list "list name".
Depending on list configuration set by list owners, you may or may not receive an email confirming your subscription to a particular list.
For more information please see the UT Lists Sympa FAQ