Clearing your cookies and cache resolves many frequently experienced issues with UTDirect, Canvas, UT housing portal and other university websites. This article contains instructions for how to clear your cookies in cache in various browsers.
Clearing cookies and cache is helpful for customers experiencing login issues on UT websites. Note that after you clear your cookies and cache, some websites might load more slowly at first. You also may need to re-enter your password to log in to some websites.
Chrome (Windows or Mac)
- In the address bar, enter:
- At the top of the window, click "Advanced". Select the following: Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files.
- From the time range menu, select "All Time." This will clear your entire cache.
- Click "Clear Data" and restart your browser.
Chrome Android device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap on “More,” or what looks like three dots, and then select “Settings.”
- Tap on the “Privacy” category and then select “Clear browsing data.”
- Here you can personalize your selections for which cookies to delete by selecting a specific time range.
5. Once you have made your selections, you can then check “Cookies and site data.” Uncheck all the other items.
6. Tap “Clear data.”
Chrome iOS device
- On your device, launch the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap on the three dots, scroll down and then select “Settings.”
- Under settings, tap “Privacy” then “Clear browsing data.”
- Select “Cookies, site data,” and uncheck all other items.
5. Tap on “Clear browsing data.”
6. Then select “Done.”
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cached Web Content section, click .
- Click the menu button , then , followed by .
- Click .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details
- Select Cookies and ensure no other items are checked.
Firefox: how to delete cookies in Firefox on your iOS device (Android is the same as above)
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the “menu bars,” which looks like three parallel lines in the lower right-hand corner of the browser window.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Privacy.”
- Select “Clear private data.”
- Make sure only “Cookies” is selected, then tap on “Clear private data.”
- Click "Safari" in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
- Click "Preferences"
- Select "Privacy"
- Click "Remove All Website Data"
- Click "Remove Now"
- Restart your browser.
Safari: how to delete cookies in Safari on your iOS device
- Go into the Settings menu on your device.
- Scroll down to “Safari,” then “Advanced,” then “Website Data”
- Tap on “Clear history and website data” to clear cookies.
Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer
- To view your browsing history, select Hub > History .
- Select Clear all history.
- Choose the types of data you want to remove from your PC, then select Clear.
- Select Change what Microsoft Edge knows about me in the cloud, then select Clear browsing history.
- Restart your browser.
- Press CTRL, SHIFT, and DELETE at the same time on your keyboard.
- From the list presented, uncheck "Preserve Favorites Website Data".
- Ensure that both "Temporary Internet Files" and "Cookies" are checked.
- Click "Delete" and then restart your browser.